AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Home Depot should have "contractor" packages. I know they do for standard outlets and switches, but not sure about Z-Waves. I won't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any of the smart switch brands in contractor or bulk discount packs. Occasionally you'll find an online re-seller selling a discounted starter pack, but those usually come with a hub and 2 or 3 switches, and when you factor in the additional cost of the hub (which you will only need 1-3 of) it doesn't pan out.

What I did find was a deal at Costco on Insteon dimmers. It is normally $150 for a 4-pack (online from costco) and right now is an additional $10 off (so $140 shipped). That brings it down to ~$35/switch rather than the normal price of $50. So if you have a costco membership, that might be an option.

If you really need to get the pricing down, my advice would be to wait a couple of years when smart switches become more mainstream. Much like the LED bulbs that were upwards of $30/bulb a few years back, and are now $5/bulb, I'm guessing we'll see some of a price drop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts