AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 1 TV hooked up to my OTA antenna, no amp, with a matching transformer and RG6 quad shield with pretty good signal strenth. This is in the Catskill Mountains NY. I wanted to add another TV and before I use a 2 way splitter I wanted to ask, could I just hook up another drop from the antenna? Anotherwords put another matching transformer at the same terminals and run a seperate drop? Or does this change the impedance and screw up the whole signal?

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Do not attach another balun transformer to the antenna's terminals.

Install your splitter anywhere "downstream" that is convenient and branch to the additional set. if you then find you have lost channels or are now experiencing drop-outs, replace the passive splitter with a good quality distribution amplifier.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSHO89 /forum/post/17026115

Do not attach another balun transformer to the antenna's terminals.

Install your splitter anywhere "downstream" that is convenient and branch to the additional set. if you then find you have lost channels or are now experiencing drop-outs, replace the passive splitter with a good quality distribution amplifier.

Thanks for the info. What I might do as a test is to remove my ant cable at the TV, go through a 2 way splitter, than out to the TV to see how much signal loss I have, then decide if I need an amp or not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts