AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a temporary subwoofer, I would like to connect a Logitech Z5500 sub to a Harman Kardon AVR355 (354 in US). Is it possible?

Can I connect the LFE output from the amp to the coax input on the Logitech Z550 input box? This sub has an external input box with coax-optical-analog connected to the active sub with a special cable.

A/V from a BR player comes in through HDMI and front/central/back speakers are connected to the HK amp in the usual way.

I thank you in advance for your help.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Make sure you use the analog input to the Logitech. Coax is usually for spdif.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I ran REW for a buddy of mine on his Z5500. He knew it wasnt a great setup but it really surprised us. Below is his measurement.

The middle trace is the "ideal" setup. It has the master volume set to 6.5 and the sub volume set to 3.5. Anything more than that resulted in clipping. The integrated crossover on the sub is set VERY high. We disconnected his surrounds and swept up to 1k. The sub had significant output until around 500 hz. I'd say the sub is around 25watts. You should see better performance from it due to the fact that you can cross it much lower when you use an external receiver. If you set your AVR crossover to 80hz or so I'm certain itll sound better.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to everybody.

Jesse S,

should I go from LFE to Analog input on the Logitech?

LHD21,

Very interesting. When you say to set sub volume to 3.5, do you mean "3.5 knoches"? It is a +/- readout with "0" in the middle. I suppose you mean starting from below zero otherwise the sub is too booming...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi!

I am going to get some decent speaker set in next few months and found a good deal for Onkyo TX-SR506 receiver. I will probably buy it this month and wondering if it will work with Z-5500 sub.

@bibo01 have you tried to connect the sub via analog input in the panel? Did it work?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.