AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on selling my 2 RCA DWD 490RE units, and would like to delete the recording history.

Is there any way to easily delete the history, or are there other suggestion as to how I could "wipe" the hard drive of all previous recordings?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Hi,

Check the UTV FAQ for all your UTV Questions.

Try UTV Code 2355 2355 to "restore" the UTV to an "Out of the box" type condition.

It should wipe everything (except the OS) in moments. Ready for a new owner. Of coarse, OS 3.7 has a history delete option if you want to use that... but why?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have 3.7 but have never seen this option. Where is it and how does it work? I, too, would like to delete my history.

Are we talking about recording history or PPV purchase history?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kenster, I have learned that if you scroll all the way down to the lowest entry in your history, there is an option to delete history. If you have a lot of history, it is faster to scroll with the Channel down button.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Press the "Right" arrow when you're in the History screen and you will go straight to the bottom. ("Left" arrow takes you back to the top. This also works in My Shows and other similar screens. I think this is 3.7 only.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.