AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had big plans to get a projector but now I think they have been shot down. First my living room setup. Our couch is set against a big bay window that face our tv that is 13ft away mounted above our fireplace, only place to put it. Our speaker are also mounted on the fireplace brick and are orb audio. My plan was to mount the projector to the ceiling in front of the window and have black curtains of some type to block out light at night or during the day if i try to use it then. I then wanted to get a acoustically transparent screen that motorized down in front of the fireplace. I would have to go with acoustically transparent since the speakers are mounted to the fireplace and cant be mounted elsewhere.

But I have read a ceiling mount with this type of screen can't be done due to reflection. is this true? Are my hopes and dreams dashed?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Top of the screen would be around 8-10 inches from top of ceiling. I was just under the impression the material used with acoustic screens and ceiling mounts reflects back up to the projector at the ceiling or that was what i read. The projector needed to be mounted in back of the seating position with these types of screens. I could be way of, in this case i would be very happy.

Robert

·
Registered
31,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyattroa  /t/1524665/can-i-even-have-a-projector#post_24542170

Top of the screen would be around 8-10 inches from top of ceiling. I was just under the impression the material used with acoustic screens and ceiling mounts reflects back up to the projector at the ceiling or that was what i read. The projector needed to be mounted in back of the seating position with these types of screens. I could be way of, in this case i would be very happy.

Robert

A screen will work fine there. Thought mounted high like that is never recommended for any display. Only a retro-reflective screen reflects the light back toward the projector.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Measured again and it would be 16 inches from my ceiling and bottom of screen would be 3ft from floor. Good news that i would be able to do this. Thanks very much for the reply.

Robert

1 - 5 of 5 Posts