AVS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I'am about to replace our 37" PWD7, but I think the 50"PF10 is too large for our room. Can I expect a 42"PF10 in the near future??

//stette

·
Registered
4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stette /forum/post/12975875

Hello

I'am about to replace our 37" PWD7, but I think the 50"PF10 is too large for our room. Can I expect a 42"PF10 in the near future??

//stette

FWIW, I believe 42" to be too small for a 1080p set, especially for the premium price you'll have to pay over the 42PH10UKA. Plus, not sure if they plan on producing the PF series in 42". I'm eagerly awaiting the PF series in 58"!!

Give us more specifics about the size of the room and sitting distance to the display?

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Looking at your picture...I believe a 42" (without speakers) would fit nicely in that corner and give you a larger screen without dominating the room.

·
Registered
30,129 Posts
Furthermore, looking at your picture it looks like all the couch's are pretty far back. Are you sure you need a 1080p panel? Have you measured your viewing distance and checked out, say, a 42pz700u at Best Buy vs. a 42px75u and seen if you can tell a difference?

From the way the viewing couches look to be laid out, I highly doubt you'd be anything less than delighted with the 42ph10uk.

I do agree that a 50" would be too big for that space.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig /forum/post/12989153

Furthermore, looking at your picture it looks like all the couch's are pretty far back. Are you sure you need a 1080p panel? Have you measured your viewing distance and checked out, say, a 42pz700u at Best Buy vs. a 42px75u and seen if you can tell a difference?

From the way the viewing couches look to be laid out, I highly doubt you'd be anything less than delighted with the 42ph10uk.

I second batpig, no reason to have 1080p at that distance. Plus, you'll save lots of coin.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts

Quote:

They have Best Buy in Sweden?
I do agree that the 42" Panny commercial would work well in that space...I wish everyone asking for advice would include a picture for reference.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank's all

It's about ten (10) feet to our new sofas (not the one on the picture).

The 50"PF10 will fit in the corner between the two walls, but my wife and I think it will be to big, and dominate the room.

So 1080p from that distance will be overkill??

Other options?? or go for the 50"PF10

Have a nice weekend with superbowl coming up.

Yes we here in Sweden are going to watch it too

//nafets

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I'm not a fan of 1080p in displays under 50", no matter the sitting distance. From your post, it seems like you really want a 42" display, therefore, the 42PH10UKA would be a perfect fit. Plus, its half the price of the the 50PF10UK.

·
Registered
337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stette /forum/post/12997628

Thank's all

It's about ten (10) feet to our new sofas (not the one on the picture).

The 50"PF10 will fit in the corner between the two walls, but my wife and I think it will be to big, and dominate the room.

Have a nice weekend with superbowl coming up.

Yes we here in Sweden are going to watch it too

//nafets

That viewing distance looks like 12ft to me. Will the new viewing distance be shorter or longer than that photo and how far is that distance in the photo?

·
Registered
337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadus /forum/post/12998228

I'm not a fan of 1080p in displays under 50", no matter the sitting distance. From your post, it seems like you really want a 42" display, therefore, the 42PH10UKA would be a perfect fit. Plus, its half the price of the the 50PF10UK.

I do not care for the consumer series of the 10UK equivalent, but obviously have never tweaked a 10UK set. Would a tweaked/calibrated 10UK be better than the past series of Panny sets? Based on Cnet's review of the 10UK set, it failed many colors the 9UK sets did not (perhaps a reason for such a following of the 9UK set). I don't go on Cnet's reviews much as the 700U scored much better in the colors category.

Curious if anyone can shed some light on a calibrated/tailored to your own taste or even ISF calibrated by a pro 10UK vs. the past commercial sets "and" the consumer stuff. If the 10UK sets are not "greatly superior" to the consumer version, I wouldn't even consider buying it.

BTW...as a side note, 42" set goes for about $1K and the 50" for 1.3-1.4K. Only $300 or so USD difference for so much more real estate would make me buy the larger set...I have seen 50" sets look just fine from 4-6ft away.

·
Registered
30,129 Posts

Quote:

Oh, absolutely. 10-12 feet on a 42" is well outside the range where you can notice a difference. The 42PH is so affordable right now too.

Quote:

Well, most people in this board will always say "go bigger", but the 50PF is a LOT more expensive, and I kind of agree that in the space you have, it might look a little misproportioned.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
God Morning

@batpig

We think you're right about that the 50" will be a "little misproportioned".

Should we consider any other brand? (Pioneer panels ?)

Anyway the picturequality during Super Bowl was "superb"

Giants
))

//stette

·
Registered
97 Posts

Quote:

not only does the 700u have a sharper picture... it also looks to have more contrast almost comparable to the pioneer kuro

believe me... very VERY close and at 1400 its a steal!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts