AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say for instance I want ABC to appear as a separate guide entry for my OTA signal and another for the clearqam signal, is that possible? I have two HD Homeruns right now that have been both running as Clearqam for the past couple of years but I would like to dedicate one two tuner box to OTA and one to Qam. I know I can have the guide combine this into one channel entry and just pick first available, but I would like an easy way to select or record OTA or Qam only when picking the show. Is this possible?

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
would it be possible run the channel set up twice, once as cable and once as antenna? been a while since ive done that.

I have one qam tuner and one cablecard tuner. when I set up my cablecard i had the local affiliates show up 3 or 4 times in my guide.

·
Registered
233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiaudio2 /forum/post/0

Say for instance I want ABC to appear as a separate guide entry for my OTA signal and another for the clearqam signal, is that possible? I have two HD Homeruns right now that have been both running as Clearqam for the past couple of years but I would like to dedicate one two tuner box to OTA and one to Qam. I know I can have the guide combine this into one channel entry and just pick first available, but I would like an easy way to select or record OTA or Qam only when picking the show. Is this possible?

This is assuming you're using windows media center. Install the hdhr config application, select OTA for tuner 0, the digital cable for tuner 1. Run the syncmce (or something like that) within the HDHR install directory. Do MC tuner setup within mc. Let it detect the tuners, then select configure tuners manually. Do each tuner one at a time and that should do it. If guide manipulation is needed, grag Guidetool from 1geek1tool.com...it's a great utility!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts