AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can i hook up a Emotiva USP-1 to my Yamaha RX-V667 Receiver, also will the Emotiva USP-1 result in better SQ. THANKS

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you meAN?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought it would bypass the yamaha's amp, foe better quality, although the yamaha is good.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts

Quote:
I thought it would bypass the yamaha's amp, foe better quality, although the yamaha is good.

As the USP-1 is only a preamp, you would still need the AVR's poweramp... so no real advantage as the AVR will still need to handle the signal.

If you also had a poweramp, you could then bypass the AVR all together for a 2ch system while still using the same front speakers in your HT setup.

e.g...

·
Registered
488 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson /forum/post/20810514

Why would you want to?

Emotiva's marketing fluff regarding the USP-1:

You've got a multi-channel AVR or processor, so why would you need a stereo preamp? Simple. It just sounds that much better. For music, there is no substitute for the richness of pure analog sound. We've taken the best features of a classic preamplifier and updated them to allow easy integration with your high performance multichannel home theater system.

Ready to rediscover your vinyl? The USP-1 has high-performance moving coil/moving magnet phono preamp circuitry.

Wondering how much more detailed those CD's can sound? Try pairing the USP-1 and the ERC-1 Reference CD Player. You'll be amazed. (We were!)

Drawing from key design elements of the now legendary RSP series, the USP-1 has pushed the envelope, emerging as a new standard for pure analog preamplification.

The USP-1: Analog Bliss.

So I guess he's trying to utilize the better(?) processing of the Emotiva unit for 2 channel audio, and pumping the signal through the Yamaha's amps.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok thanks guy's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.