AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not really in the mood in buying a new Receiver since ive dropped cash on a new Aquos and a PS3. But I was wondering if I could spend some money on new speakers, to replace the ones that came out of box (I bought a 'Theatre in a Box' package)

First off, can I do this? Can I use non-Yamaha speakers? .. .and if I do, the specs say they are 100 watts each, so do I have to stay in that range for them to work?

But hey, is it even worth it? Should I just hang on to the speakers I have now?

Thanks, appreciate any help on this matter.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Sure you can use non-Yamaha speakers!

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
The first system I had was a Kenwood htib and I upgraded the speakers to acoustic research ones and what a difference!

Go ahead and upgrade and enjoy much better sound.

How much you want to spend?

Regards

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting, thanks for the responses!

I was wondering if my future speaker purchase will be limited by my HTR receiver? In terms of wattage or what not, can I get say, awesome spears and will they sound awesome regardless on how old my yamaha is?

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Think of this as computer upgrades... whenever you replace a bottleneck something else becomes the bottleneck, thats normal. Same thing with audio here, if you get very nice speakers and try to drive them hard, probably the receiver will start to show his lack of power then you will want to upgrade it too.... kind of never ends :)

Regards

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.