AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my question. It's finally time to jump on the HD DVD bandwagon. I am considering either adding the Xbox 360 HD DVD or forking out the cash for the Toshiba A20. Is the Toshiba worth the extra money, or is the 360 add on just as good. The one thing that has me leaning toward the Toshiba is the HDMI output. Then again, saving a few hundred dollars would be very nice too.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
FWIW...From June 10 through June 16, consumers that purchase any Toshiba HD DVD player will receive a $100 in-store instant rebate...and also get 5 free HD DVD titles.

Yes the A20 would be the lowest priced player that outputs 1080p...Xa2 is the next step up. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
As posted above, from June 10th to June 16th the $100 rebate will be applied towards all HD DVD players, so the HD-A20 which can output 1080p will be $399, it is already lower than that on Amazon. The XBox 360 HD DVD player can output 1080p over VGA or HDMI if you own an Elite.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelHDDVD /forum/post/0

As posted above, from June 10th to June 16th the $100 rebate will be applied towards all HD DVD players, so the HD-A20 which can output 1080p will be $399, it is already lower than that on Amazon. The XBox 360 HD DVD player can output 1080p over VGA or HDMI if you own an Elite.

Well that pretty much sales me on the A20.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.