AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone - This is my 1st post here, but I've enjoyed reading many of the messages here in the forum. I am a new owner of the DMR-E20 and hope to use it to transfer many VHS tapes to DVD-R format. I haven't been able to figure out if there's a way to manually insert chapters into recordings, other than the chapters it automatically inserts every 5 mins. Is there some way to turn the 5-min thing off, and for me to insert when I'd like? (I know I could press the stop button to break the recording into chunks, but that will mess up the flow of recording.) If anyone knows if this is possible, please let me know.

Thanks!!

Brad

·
Registered
976 Posts
No. But think of it this way, the Pioneer DVR-7000 has even more intrusive chapter points for dvd-r.

If you want chapters (using playlists), record with dvd-ram. In the Panasonic menu system, you can even see the first frame of each chapter you map out, up to some limit (6?). You can however probably set 99 chapter points. Useful for cartoons.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Yes you can manually insert chapter points on E20.

DVD-RAM let you put anywhere and these will be recognized by any player that plays DVD-RAM. You can also insert chapter points manually on DVD-R before finalizing but these will not be compatible with any player even if you finalize.

Quote:
No. But think of it this way, the Pioneer DVR-7000 has even more intrusive chapter points for dvd-r.
What a heck are you talking about?. Do you even have this recorder?. On Pioneer using DVD-R or DVD-RW in video mode you can go into menu and select if you want markers at all or put them in 3, 5 or 10 minutes intervals. Panasonic does not give you this option at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.