AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the best place to post this. If there is a better forum, please let me know. I want to mount a 65" TV directly to a wall without a mount, but perhaps there is a better idea. Here is my current setup and the problem. I have a 40" TV on a stand on top of a large dresser. The dresser is inside a small alcove. The opening is about 41" wide on the outside, and about 51" on the inside. The depth of the alcove is 36".

Ideally I would put the mount on the inside wall, but the mount would need an arm that extended out more than 36" and I have not seen anything longer than 18". That would be solution number 1 and obviously the easiest way to go. My second idea is to mount the TV which would have a width of about 57" directly to the wall OUTSIDE the alcove, but how? It's not like there are places to put hooks or mounting brackets towards the edges of the TV. I certainly don't want to drill into the TV cabinet for a multitude of reasons. Ideas? I figured there are enough intelligent people on the site that someone will come up with a good and practical idea. I'm not looking to do it on the cheap, but don't want to spend more than a couple hundred to do it either.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,558 Posts
This is really the wrong forum for your question to be answered best. This forum is for screens that use a projector. There is a LCD flat panel forum and a few other forums where you will get help.

As long as you are here and if you are DIY handy, all TVs have tapped holes where mounts are to be attached. You need to use those holes and adapt something DIY.

I once hung a small TV in the same way you would hang a large heavy painting. Just make sure what you do is attached into wall studs and not just drywall.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts