AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The question I have, is there a way I can set up a network using my phone as the broadband connection? I'm already using my Blackjack II 3G phone now as a broadband modem for my laptop and desktop computers (not networked at this time).

I know there are routers that accept the PCMCIA air cards, but I connect using a USB cable. Can I connect all my machines, PS3, desktop and laptop to a wireless router and use one of my computers as the connection point instead of the router? I'm fairly new at networking so I apologize it these are simple questions.

Also, according to the 3g network info, I should be able to connect at a faster rate, somewhere around 600kbps to 1.4mbps, but according to my network connection it says I'm getting a speed of 230.4kbps. Is there a setting I need to change or is this the limitation of the USB port?

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Frank

PS, The phone does not have wi-fi abilities, it has to be tethered using a USB cable.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
potentially, using windows Internet Connection Sharing, yes.

have a PC connected via 3G to the internet then turn on Internet Connection sharing and put an ethernet cable between the PC and the router (one one of the regular ports).

The router should have DHCP turned OFF.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts