AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I have a Wilsonart white laminate DIY 120 inch screen and want to get an Epson 8350 LCD and have heard that blacks are better with a gray screen. I am in a blacked out basement. What would be the best color/product to use? Thanks.

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
25,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRLJAMR /forum/post/20895662

Guys, I have a Wilsonart white laminate DIY 120 inch screen and want to get an Epson 8350 LCD and have heard that blacks are better with a gray screen. I am in a blacked out basement. What would be the best color/product to use? Thanks.

Silver Fire v2.1 2.0 is the highest performance mix on this Forum....

.......or RS-MaxxMudd v2.1 if you want a somewhat simpler mix that is very light "Silvery Gray" in color.

Both should be sprayed.

For the absolute most simple "Rollable" color/paint, use Sherwin-Williams Duration Satin Extra White *Base* tinted to either of these Sherwin-Williams colors:

SW 7064 PASSIVE (Light Gray) This will greatly improve the overall image

SW 7066 GRAY MATTERS (Darker Gray) Blacks will be absolutely Interstellar

But be advised that spraying this paint onto the Laminate will maximize the end results by assuring a virtually perfect projection surface.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.