AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been struggling for this for very long, finally i found this forum, i wish i get the solution.

Need : I need to play the Audio from "Amazon fire stick" to any Sound system other than my TV but my TV LG LD 340 doesn't have a single audio output.

Picture attached.

Connection:

My TV has two HDMI Input , One is connected to DTH and other to Amazaon Fire Stick.

Simple requirement is: When I play youtube video via Amazon fire stick, I want the sound to go to any external audio system not default tv speaker.

I have checked Audio settings in TV, it has only one option like TV Speaker On/Off, doesn't have option like "Play to external Source"

What are options do i have, any Home theater where I can plug Amazon fire stick in HDMI Port and then output via HDMI to my TV, theater plays the audio and lets the Video go to TV ? Any such options ?

·
Registered
18,600 Posts
^^^^^ if the receiver has an available HDMI input, then try the FireStick there, and use the HDMI output to your tv for video. You will have to select the input on the tv so it "knows" where the video is coming from but that's easy with a programmable remote such as a Harmony, just disable ARC/CEC on your devices first to avoid issues.

The most common setup is to have a receiver be the hub of your HTS. In other words, all external devices are connected to the receiver for any audio format presented and then the video is sent to the tv. There's a bit of programming the remote as I indicated above but it works perfectly. I do that for my ATV4 and blu-ray player. TV for us is OTA so I just connect my antenna to the tv and pass the 5.1 OTA audio to my receiver via an optical cable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts