AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just about to purchase the Pioneer DEH-5100UB, as it ticks all the boxes for me.

There's just one thing that perhaps someone with some experience using one (or a similar one) can answer.

In the instruction manual, it is stated that when using a CD or USB drive, you cannot use the Apple Lossless codec (MP3, WAV, AAC are OK for these, however).

I would need to confirm, however, that Apple Lossless is available when playing from a USB-docked iPhone or iPod as that is the format all my music is in, and that would indeed be a deal-breaker for me.

Thank you!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just got a Pio Z110BT installed last weekend. I haven't tried to play any lossless files yet; just checked and I do have an album I ripped lossless on my phone. Such a beautiful day out, I'll actually pop right down to my car from the office and check it out for you right now.

Can't imagine it wouldn't play them though ....

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
My son had the Premiere version of this deck. Yes it will play the Apple Loss-less format.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.