AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can I plug in a USB 3 flash drive into a USB 2 port?
the specs says it's backward campatable however aren't the plugs different, like in order to use this flash drive I've got picked out will it require a special USB3 to USB2 adapter?

I'v been wanting a high capacity Flash drive here;s the one I've picked out,
Ive sean it on sale for $35.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0BD-0095-00068
I'm planning on taking a 900mile road trip in the conversion van which means at least one night sleeping in van (mainly to keep a close eye on the new boat) otherwise we'd be in a hotel.
usalley when I'm in a unfarminaile surrounding no matter how tried I am I just cant sleep so I was thinking I could rest and catchup on watching a few recorded W7MC programs on my W7 laptop, I can plug it into the DC/AC converter.

instead of using the portable 1TB HDD (which will get hot after a few programs) I was thinking of this flash drive, what do you Guy's think of my plan and my choice in FD this one has a lifetime warrenty why would I want to look at any other brand w/ 1 year warrenty?
thanks STB

·
Registered
666 Posts
A USB3.0 device will work fine in a USB2.0 plug. No adapter needed. It will operate at the slower UsB2.0 speed.

Never heard of Silicon Power brand, so I don't know if their lifetime warranty has any value or not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts