AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in an apartment, and the only place to put a big screen is in the corner of a room where there is a built-in shelf unit. I can take all the shelves out, but at the bottom is a 14" platform. The platform is sturdy enough to hold the TV. Will the viewing angle be OK from 12 feet back?

The TV is a Sony KP-57HW20, 57", 16:9.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Why not? I like my screen higher up, so I have my Pioneer Pro-610 up about 13 inches off the floor.

William

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
The light directing design of an RPTV's screen can sometimes restrict light output to a fairly narrow vertical dispersion angle. That is, if you are too far above or below the plane of the screen the picture may become too dim or suffer unusual color changes. Just be sure to check how the picture looks when your eyes are place the same amount below the screen axis which would be created by raising the RPTV. If it still looks okay, then you should be fine putting it up on the platform.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I agree with Noah...

get four eye-bolts and some heavy duty wire.

screw two of the eye-bolts into the corner of the wall and one to each top corner of the set... attach with wire so that both the set and you will be secure when you tilt it forward ...about 7->10 degrees of tilt should be enough.

we did this at my brother's place in his basement... built a platform about 18" high to put his 52" Hitachi on and secured it to the wall using the above method... it been there for about 2.5 years with no problems, we originally had it vertical... after a couple days we came up with the eye-bolts and wire idea - so that we could tilt it forward. (about 10 degrees).

Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.