AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know if I can do this?? I have a showstopper along with a satellite dish. I always have a problem of deciding on Friends or Survivor. What to do what to do?

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Unless you have a dual LNB and two receivers, you can't watch the two shows at the same time anyway, and Replay certainly can't fix that problem.

If you are using a local antenna, and have two replays, or a replay and a VCR, you could hook it up to record both shows, given they're both available on the antenna (which they should be, both network shows)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i do not have an antenna. All i have is a satellite dish.. don't know about the dual LNB (don't know what it is) all i know is that it is a hughes model. I only have one replay. Thanks

·
Registered
6,207 Posts
Note: this has nothing to with Replay - but you can't record more than one thing at a time. You'll need to get an antenna, which likely can receive the local network channels, or upgrade to a dual LNB dish and get a 2nd receiver.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RandyL712
Note: this has nothing to with Replay - but you can't record more than one thing at a time. You'll need to get an antenna, which likely can receive the local network channels, or upgrade to a dual LNB dish and get a 2nd receiver.
If you're using DirecTV, you could get one of the two DirecTV-integrated PVR's (UTV and DirecTivo), which both have the ability (with a dual-LNB dish and proper wiring) to record two things at once.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RandyL712
Instead of spending more money and adding a new monthly charge to your budget, just get an antenna, if this is only for local network shows.
True, assuming he has a VCR or wants to buy one, wants to deal with the hassle of having to remember to program it for all of his conflicts, and all of his conflicts occur on local stations.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
only 1 replay = only can record 1 show at a time.

You could upgrade your Sat Dish to use 2 recievers and pay the premium for two feeds (I pay an extra $5/month to have 2-- worth it in my opinion) but even then you would need a second recording device (another replay or SS, or a VCR) to record the second show at the same time.

I believe that Radio Shack has upgrade kits to convert your dish from single LNB to dual LNB.

Good Luck!

Matthew in CO.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys.. sounds like i can't do it... Even if i could, would have to pay more.. i guess i will have to choose Survivor over Friends.. life is full of difficult choices

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.