AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find a definite answer. My TV is a Samsung HL-S6187. STB is the Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD.

Are there any vid capture cards/software that would allow me to record COX digital cable channels (including HD channels) using Windows Media Center and if this is possible, could you point me in the right direction? I don't mind keeping the STB if I could possibly send video from it to the HTPC. I just don't want to have to switch back and forth between my STB input and my HTPC input.

Thanks!

·
Registered
996 Posts
Yes. Feed the s-video output from the STB to any tv tuner card with an svideo input. Get an IR blaster like the MCE IR receiver or the USBUIRT to control the channel changes on the STB. Most PVR programs like Sage or MCE will work.

However, if you want to record HD as HD (and not downscaled svideo), then you are basically SOL. Try doing a search for QAM, r5000hd, and firewire for your other options.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.