AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out a way to connect my XBox, with HD pack (e.g., component outputs), to my Quadscan Pro. Clearly, the Quadscan Pro will be hooked up to my projector via a standard HD15 cable. I think there are only two solutions:

A) I use a component-to-VGA cable (do these exist) from the XBox to the Quadscan.

or

B) I use component-to-BNC plugs from the XBox to the Quadscan.

Is one way better/cheaper than the other? Is the first scenario even possible? Meaning, will there be any problem running a component signal through a VGA pass-through connection?

Thanks!

·
Banned
959 Posts
i think the x-box puts out a 480p and i don't think the quad accepts progressive. So you would have to pass it through. i don't have an x-box or a quad so i could be wrong.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Well, the VGA passthrough on the Quadscan is just that, VGA. You owuld need a transcoder in order to pass the signal through properly. The component inputs will not accept a progressive signal, so you wouldn't be able to hook it up that way. You might want to switch the signal with an outboard switcher.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Jason,

Is the Quadscan's passthrough active or passive. If it is active it MIGHT not work, but if it is passive (relays) there shouldn't be a problem.

Dan,

The Elite is similar to the Pro and no it won't accept a progressive signal.

-Mr. Wigggles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.