AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help a newbie out

I just picked up a used KDF-E42A10. It's a 42" HD Sony LCD projection TV. I'm using the VGA input on the back to hook it up to a computer that I have dedicated to being used as a Vista Media Center PC. For some reason the TV doesn't support any HD resolutions on the VGA input. Now I can select resolutions like [email protected] and it will display on the TV fine with no tearing/ghosting/distortion and fill out the screen almost entirely, however I do get an OSD whenever I switch inputs that says "Unsupported Signal Adjust your PC Output". My questions is am I going to damage the TV by doing this? Should I just switch to the Supported [email protected] and stretch the picture out using the zoom? If I do this everything will be distorted not just my standard def content. If I switch to the HDMI input and use a DVI to HDMI cable to hook it up will this solve my problem? I really didn't want to have to spend another $100 on a cable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.