AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, I'd like to see your in-room frequency response of the sealed subs you've made (including the name of the driver, amp, & box dimensions)*. Thanks

Edit: Do your WinISD (or any other) models translate to real life response?

*I know room size and layout adds to the overall response.

·
Registered
479 Posts
2x UM18, NX6000D, ~5.75cuft cabinet.

Peak SPL at 10Hz is about 105dB without clipping.

Unfortunately I can't get rid of the 100Hz dip without introducing a dip around 60Hz. But this is a sweep of just the subs, and with the mains enabled the dip at 100Hz isn't so bad.

WinISD won't really translate to in-room response since it doesn't model the room.

Rectangle Slope Plot Font Parallel

• Love
Reactions: KaraDK

·
Registered
432 Posts
4x UM-18 with 2 inuke 6000 amps and minidsp.
Parts express 4 cuft boxes.
2 in front of room and 2 near-field firing directly into back of couch.
Did not model with software.
I don't have a graph for only subs available. This is subs and left-front 893.

Rectangle Slope Plot Font Line

·
Registered
479 Posts
4x UM-18 with 2 inuke 6000 amps and minidsp.
Parts express 4 cuft boxes.
2 in front of room and 2 near-field firing directly into back of couch.
Did not model with software.
I don't have a graph for subs only handy. This is subs and left-front 893 from DIYSG.

View attachment 3178537
That's pretty impressive. Is that the max volume you can get to without clipping the NXs? I keep debating whether I should go from 2 to 4 UMs or just get some NSWs.

·
Registered
432 Posts
That's pretty impressive. Is that the max volume you can get to without clipping the NXs? I keep debating whether I should go from 2 to 4 UMs or just get some NSWs.
Its been a few years. I know I could go louder, but I don't remember how much at this point. The 2 near-field subs make a big difference.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Its been a few years. I know I could go louder, but I don't remember how much at this point. The 2 near-field subs make a big difference.
That's a good point. None of mine will be nearfield. I bet you get some nice TR in the low Hz with the nearfield subs.

Reactions: Steve Kuester

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I don't have much data on un-equalized sealed box response in-room, but I do have one chart where I was looking at compression. This is a single LaVoce San214.50 in a 23-3/4" cube, without the passive radiators that I'll use in my big design. Listening position was about 10' away or so.

This is the same position with the addition of the PR to the same box (literally cut a hole, added the PR, and re-measured with mic in same spot).

Rectangle Slope Font Line Parallel

No eq on either of them but I did have a component in the signal chain with about a 7hz high pass filter.

An approximate comparison of sealed vs. PR in the same box in the same spot with the mic in the same place is here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts