AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I just got a directv H-10 HD receiver with the off-air antenna funtion because it was a super cheap open-box deal. All I want to do is use the antenna. I don't have a dish. Of course, when I do the set-up, it can't find a satellite and keeps searching for it to create the guide.

Is there any way to bypass this or do I have to get a dish to use the unit? I just want to see what an HD signal really looks like.

If I am able to borrow a dish, could I use that to set it up and then disconnect it, or would it always be searching for the signal to do the guide?

Thanks very much!

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
I believe it will work as long as you have an access card in the receiver. Keep in mind if they make you fill out a Directv contract, you will be billed $175 30 days after you get the receiver for not activating it. If you want a cheap OTA box, try to pick up an activated Voom receiver off ebay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Snizzy,

I have the same issue as you. I bought 2 Directv H10 receivers from Best Buy for the sole reason to watch OTA HD channels but I can't get past step 9 of 9 in the setup menu even with the access card . Have you found a way to make this work?

Mcroft10

·
Registered
9 Posts
At my place of employment, we use H10 to feed an in store HD loop to tvs. The loop operates the same way that OTA does and I feel your pain. All the old HD boxes we used worked fine, but the H10 needs to see a satellite signal to fully activate. We have tried everything to get around this but cannot find a way. It is frustrating too when you have to run 100 meters in seconds and power it up before it resets the setting from being unpluged to long.

If someone can find a way around this it would be great!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.