AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my RTV a few days ago, and let me just say, it's absolutely wonderful! I'm officially hooked. :D

Now then, my problem:

After I download the shows to my computer through DVArchive and edit them in Womble, I can't seem to import the final edited MPEG back into DArchive... it always tries to rebuild the index files (or whatever those two files that tag along with the MPEG are) and then gives me an error in the log saying it couldnt import the file.

Any ideas here? Is there some other software I should use?

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Search for RTV Tools... there's a very active thread on this software right now.

RTV tools will let you edit Replay mpgs in a limited way and you should still be able to run the result through DVArchive. (use the rtvconvert function as a last step).

Or... you might be able to run rtv convert directly on the Womble edited mpegs, depending on what changes you had made.

·
Registered
63 Posts
and the result was? TIA

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I've done this with a lot of severely edited files. Just run rtvconvert (RTVTools) before "importing" them back into DVArchive and they'll stream just fine. Just make sure the file is MPEG-2 with the following characteristics and you'll be good as gold:

Resolution: 352x480, 480x480, 720x480

Framerate: 29.97fps

Bitrate: 2-8Mpbs CBR/VBR

Audio: 48KHz @ 112-320kbps, layer 2

GOP struct: 1/5/2, open GOP, 1 seq per GOP, 15 frames max

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.