AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there is a very real possibility that I will be moving to Ireland in the near future, and I was looking for information from knowledgeable people if it is possible and realistic to bring my American Home theater setup with me.

I am of course aware of the voltage differences between the Electrical systems of America and Europe. I also have heard the difference in the frequency of the electrical current makes ntsc televisions basically useless in Europe, but how would that effect a projector?

I have a pretty basic home theater. Panasonic PT-AE900U, Surround sound receiver, speakers, sub, etc.... Im not really looking forward to the thought of having to rebuy everything over in Ireland as everything is MUCH more expensive.

I was wondering if a voltage converter along the lines of this would do the trick
3000W Step UP / DOWN Voltage Transformer

Any information on this would be appreciated.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Computers are ok. Remember to flip the voltage switch on the back (power supply). Projector is ok, voltage switches automatically. Receiver???, mine doesn't take 220, yours might check on the back or on website. I use a voltage stabilizer to convert 220 to 110 for my receiver. Speakers on problem.

Scott

American living in Azerbaijan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts