AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if I could use 2 boosters, I have a couple Electroline drop amps and would like to use one where the cable line comes into the house and another where I have the Cable Box, Modem (Which is at the end of the cable line that is wired in my home). I feel like the signal is not reaching powerful enough in that section of the house. Is there any danger in doing this??

I have been searching online for this topic and can't find anything.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Does your modem register and lock up?

If so go to the diagnostic page and check your Up and downstream levels.

Most modems will display that page put 192.168100.1 into your browser and look at the signal tab.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCbridge /forum/post/20789829

Does your modem register and lock up?

If so go to the diagnostic page and check your Up and downstream levels.

Most modems will display that page put 192.168100.1 into your browser and look at the signal tab.

Gotta be honest, I'm looking at the page and it's jibberish to me lol

·
Registered
349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights /forum/post/0

Gotta be honest, I'm looking at the page and it's jibberish to me lol

Look for power level , SNR and downstream readings.

Also why do you feel your signal is not strong enough. Is your cable pixelating on the tv , losing channels ? Is your Internet dropping connection , slow speeds ?

One amp is, 99% of the time, enough for one house.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Since the modem diag page is accessable.

Go to the signal tab:

You will see downstream power level it should have a number in the range of -10db to +10db let us know what it is.

You will also see a SNR # let us know what that is. That should be mid to upper 30's range (DB).

You will also see an upstream # also in db it should be somwhere between 40 and 56db.

Let us know what that is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.