AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newb when it comes to standalone amps, well, actually I'm a newb in general with home theater setup...

I have a 7.1 setup as follows:

Pioneer VSX-1020K Receiver

Klipsch F-2 Fronts

Definitive Tech PC600 as center, and (4) surrounds - sub is extra for now

Polk PSW10

I kind of 'ended up' with a bunch of two channel amps when I bought some other stuff... (2) Rotel 1050, and (1) Niles SI-2125. Can I make use of these in any practical way with my 7.1? Or, should I just sell them off, and go for a better receiver (or something like that?

Another question - I find that the PSW10 puts out better than the Def Tech PC600 sub.. The PC600 was often distorting (or as I call it 'bottoming out' not sure if that's the terminology or not). Is that a problem of lack of power, or too much?

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
The rotel is a receiver and as such is of no use to you, sell it . The Niles is a 2 channel amp which in theory could be used to drive a couple front speakers but its doubtfull it will be even as good as the amp built into your receiver . Unless you have plans for something in a second zone using preouts it has little value. As for the sub it sounds like it may be set too hot ( too high of a level) or the woofer may be damaged.

Richard

1 - 3 of 3 Posts