AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all apologies if I am asking a stoopid question ...

I have been reading a few theads about the brightness of various projectors on various screens and am curious how my setup compares. I have used Avia to calibate my setup, but have no idea how bright it is compared to the various setups described elsewhere.

I do not own any caliabration tools, but I do have a nice Nikon D70 SLR. So the question is, can I use the lightmeter in my SLR to measure the brightness of my projector given a specific test pattern? In the photography world 18% grey is used as an average scene marker. Can I use a specific Avia or DVE test signal, together with an expossure reading (for a given ISO setting on the camera) to map the resultant exposure to foot lamberts?

Cheers and thanks

John

P.S. I have an HT1000 with a recently replaced lamp and am projecting on a not too expensive normal gain (if there is such a thing) white screen which is 5ft wide. I prefer the iris closed setting, but often feel it is too dim.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.