AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering is there a timer I can use to record programs with the JVC 3K when IM NOT physically there?

Also since my television in college does not have any A/V outs -- can I funnel my D-VHS through my VCR (which is being used as the tuner) -- would that be ok? There wouldn't be any color or recording quality problems if I set it up this way right?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Your question is a little confusing, but here is a try at an answer. The 30K has a built in tuner for normal ota and cable channels. You can connect the cable or antenna signal to the input on the 30K and connect the "antenna out" of the 30K to the TV, just like you would do with any vcr. The deck functions just like a "normal" vcr and you would watch it on channel 3 or 4 since you don't have a AV input on the TV. You can do timer recordings with the built in timer in this deck if you are just using the normal antenna or cable input. For HD video you would need to get a tuner with firewire to program the deck. You will be able to watch DVHS tapes on your TV, but they will be downconverted to NTSC. Basically treat this as just another vcr, but know that it has a couple of advantages--it will play back HD tapes, and you can record standard video in digital form as well as normal VHS and SVHS. Hope this helps. Also after rereading your question I think you might have a second vcr connected to the TV. The 30k will do everything you want without using another vcr at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.