AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if I ask this, but the Sanus XF228-B1 wall mount is rated for 42-63 inches LCD TVs. I just wonder if I can still use it with my Sony 40" XBR6 LCD. Also I am interested in these mount because I will eventually want to upgrade my TV to a 46 inch size TV, and thus I will be covered by then. Let me add that I don't plan to upgrade my TV for the next 2 years at least. I'd appreciate you input here, and thanks.

·
Registered
321 Posts
If it fits on the tv then I guess yes. The only problem with a bigger mount is that the mounting plate on the wall may be wider than the tv. Check the dimensions.

I'd check out monoprice.com for cheaper mounts. I hate to see people over pay for these. I have used many mounts from monoprice for 32" up to 52" and never had a problem.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypuck25 /forum/post/20450995

If it fits on the tv then I guess yes. The only problem with a bigger mount is that the mounting plate on the wall may be wider than the tv. Check the dimensions.

I'd check out monoprice.com for cheaper mounts. I hate to see people over pay for these. I have used many mounts from monoprice for 32" up to 52" and never had a problem.

I looked at the monoprice-dot-com mounts, but I did not like any of them. Besides, I usually look at these mounts in store, and then find them on the Net to get a better deal. The problem with the monoprice mounts are that I am not able to see them in person at any store, say, for instance, Best Buy, or others. I hate having to buy something, and then returning it just because I did not like it when it arrives. It is not fair for me or monoprice.

Thanks.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally, I got this answer directly from Sanus, and I quote:

Quote:
Customer,

The XF228 will suit your needs just fine, however depending on hole placement on the back of your TV you could run into issues getting these two to work together perfectly. Some sony tv's have very low hole patterns and can cause you to have to move the brackets a bit to get it to fit properly. With a mount such as this that is designed for much larger tv's it has a monitor bracket that is large to match. I have seen times where mating sony tv's with a oversized mount in this type of situation caused the mount itself to stick above or below the tv, so you could see it. This is one of the reasons we put the low end limitations on our larger mounts. I have looked on the net for a picture the back of your tv to try and verify if this is going to be an issue on your application but cannot find a picture of the back of it. The XF228 monitor bracket has a height of 23.0 and your tv is 25.39, so as you can see it is very close. If you had to make any adjustments on the monitor bracket moving it up or down to accommodate for cabling and or low hole patterns this may not be the appropriate mount for you. Now the VMAA26 will work for your application and has a height of 18.5, this may actually be a better fit for you.

If you have any further questions please feel free to call us to discuss @ 800-359-5520.

Jason Worman

Technical Product Support Representative

Milestone AV Technologies
[email protected]

P +952.277.3828

cid:[email protected]

Milestone is home to the Chief® and Sanus Systems® brands

cid:3325568331_306401please consider our environmental responsibility before printing this email

I just posted his answer here just in case it is of benefit to someone in this forum. I never got an answer in the forum though. I did mention him that I don't like the way the VMAA26 or 18 models are build, for they have only one arm instead of two very well-constructed arms found in the XF228 model. Then, I send him the mechanical drawings of my Sony TV just in case he decides to add more to my research, but I don't think there is more to say. I decided now to keep looking at new Sanus models or some other models with 2 arms, and I hope I can find something as solid as the model XF228 even if it is not a Sanus.

I hope this can help others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts