AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to output to my ae700 projector and my 32" acer lcd TV from my HTPC. The HTPC currently has a 9200 radeon in it but this has no DVI, so Im going to maybe use an old ti4200 I have which has dvi and VGA on it. I wanted to split the dvi into 2 and send 1 to the lcd, the other will get a DVI -> VGA converter/adapter I have here and send that to the ae700's VGA input. I have seen VGA splitters at the local electronics shop, just a dongle with 2 VGA connectors on one end, are these available for DVI? If so will the VGA adapter work ok on one of the splitters? Will the signal the ae700 gets suffer?

I have tried setting up dual monitors with this card before, the ti4200 and had a lot of problems getting the overlay duplicated on both screens... thats why Ive got this crazy idea.... Are you going to tell me to run each display off the cards related output and do it all via software... if so how do I ensure overlay for zoomplayer etc will play exactly as I want in both displays?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey great post, I had a similar problem and your link pushed me in the right direction. I purchase the type of cable that you have linked (got it off ebay for $15) and it works for the operation you described. I have one video card with a DVI-I port and I split the output to a digital and analog signal and sent it to 2 different monitors to mirror the same image.

However, it did take a little messing around with the ATI catalyst software (my card is an ATI 9800 pro). I learned how to do it froma link at the bottom of the page that you had linked. Since your card is a G-Force it may not work unless you have software similar to the ATI catalyst.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.