AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With DirecTV's lack of HD content, I'm thinking about switching to the DISH system. Will the oval dish from my RCA DTC-100 work with the Dish 6000 receiver easily? I'd hate to have to pay for another satellite dish, as having to get another receiver is expensive enough. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Should, sure. But bear in mind that the only programming from Dish you'd basically get that way is the HD. You wouldnt be able to get any regular programming to speak of because they are on satellites too far away from the birds that Dish uses for HD, to be able to pick them all up even with an oval dish.

------------------

Dan

Knowledge without experience is only information...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, I basically want to switch from DirecTV to the DishNetwork. I'll be selling the DTC-100 receiver then. I'm just wondering if the 18x24 dish from the DTC-100 system will work for the Dish 6000 receiver to receive both the SD and HD transmissions?

[This message has been edited by Ron Z (edited 07-27-2001).]

·
Registered
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Z:
Okay, I basically want to switch from DirecTV to the DishNetwork. I'll be selling the DTC-100 receiver then. I'm just wondering if the 18x24 dish from the DTC-100 system will work for the Dish 6000 receiver to receive both the SD and HD transmissions?

[This message has been edited by Ron Z (edited 07-27-2001).]
yes and no. see my link above and the 18x24 will work to get the 110 and 119 off of dishnet (using different switches than what direct tv supplied. But...you will need a second dish (18") to pick up the 61 (hd ) sat. SO, using your current dish will prevent you from having to buy the dish 500, but additional hardware will be needed to make conversion between the two sat companies

[This message has been edited by iwantmyhdtvnow (edited 07-27-2001).]

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, with my living arrangements I can only have 1 sat dish installed. If I decided to get rid of my existing RCA 18x24 dish, and go with DISH's oval sat dish would I still be able to receive DISH SD and HD feeds, or would 2 sat dishes still be required?

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
For Dish's SD and HD offerings both....you need 2 dishes, period

------------------

Dan

Knowledge without experience is only information...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.