AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sony BDP-S370 Blu-ray player and a Yamaha RX-V465 reciever with HDMI switching. I am using the HDMI output from the Sony Blu-ray player through the reciever to a 1080p projector. I would like to be able to send the output to a 720p Samsung plasma as well. I don't want to do it all the time but I would like to be able to do it easily when I want to. I tried a couple HDMI splitters and after researching the problems I was having I don't think that is going to be the answer. My next idea it to try to use the component outputs but since my expectations for HDMI were completely wrong I thought I would ask if there is something about this idea that is going to trip me up. I am also looking a DVR so I guess my idea is to run component+stereo cable to the Plasma display and use a component switch to select either the Blu-ray or the DVR. The reciever does no conversion so HDMI in ony comes out HDMI and component in only comes out component. I guess the big question in my mind is do my sources output both HDMI and Component simultaniously?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Some do and some don't. For example, I believe DirecTV boxes do. You have to look at the particular source spec. to see if it will output HDMI and component simultaneously.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts