AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this question on the "Plasma & LCD Flat Panel Displays" forum but no one responded. Maybe someone here can help?

I'm thinking of purchasing an inexpensive LCD computer monitor for use with the "monitor out" jacks on my Rotel RSX-1065 surround sound receiver (which uses either component video or s-video jacks for that function). Since lcd computer monitors do not, I believe, accept either of those types of inputs, is this 'do-able'??

Thanks.

htomei

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Would be doable with a S-Vid to VGA box like the X-Box market uses...

My Compaq TFT comes with a S-Vid input as well but its not normal...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Or you could get an LCD/TV like the Mitsubishi LT-2220 or one of the Sharp Aquos LCDs.

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
I wanted to do exactly the same thing about a year ago.

The advantage of the LCD monitors is that they are very cheap compared to LCD TV's. It would seem to be a completely different pricing strategy. I was also troubled by the lack of video inputs on the monitors and couldn't find a monitor small enough, as I wanted it to sit on a coffee table right next to me.

I ended up buying an inexpensive 5" LCD TV from an unknown brand. The video quality absolutely sucks ... but for using the OSD from my processor it is perfect.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all very, very much for your replies. And, Peter M, that is a WAY

COOL looking setup!!

This gives me a lot to work with. Thanks again.

htomei

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Your best bet for your application is the cheapest lcd tv (5"-7") that you can get your hands on. You should be able to get something on ebay for less then $100.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.