AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
853 Posts
If you do get it to work it will be sporadic and not worth the effort. One if the weaknesses of the unit is its poor ability to sync with external doublers. TO its efense its internal doubler is the best of any I have seen.

Regards,

JOHn

· Registered
5,574 Posts
Infocus says that the unit does not work with 480P. ProjectorCentral.com mentions this in their database and reviews of the machine.

The internal doubler/scaler is so good that it is not clear whether you would see a benefit anyway.

I don't understand how you manage to build a device that can handle 720P and 1080i but not 480p but Infocus has done it.

· Registered
279 Posts
All digital projectors whether DLP, LCD or DILA are progressive display devices and must have a progressive signal sent to the display panel so any input that the projector is designed to take will be processed to display progressively. The image must also be scaled up to the displays native array so 250I would be converted to a progressive signal and scaled to the projectors native resolution. How well this is done is based on the quality of the projectors internal scaler. Some PJ's need an external scaler, HTPC or PS DVD palyer because the internal scalers are not up to the task of doing it all.

------------------

Regards

GMan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.