AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I just purchased a Denon Avr-X4000. I was wondering if i can use my old Denon Avr-1612 as an External amp for my front or surround speakers. Is it possible I have all 11 Klipsch speakers and two Klipsch Subwoofers.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
interesting topic. I would think the processing may cause some conflict, but curious to see what others have to say.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Considering that the Denon AVR-1612 only excepts stereo in its not likely that it would be able to act properly as an external amp for front and surrounds. Besides I am willing to wager that the X4000 will be able to put out more power than the AVR-1612 would.

Besides the X4000 appears to already support 9.2 setups with the inputs for front heights and wides even though it appears like it could do 11.2 it only allows for either the heights or the wides to work at any given time.

If you are worried about power, get a 3 channel amp for the front 3 speakers and let the receiver power the surrounds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Well is loud enough already its just i wanted the height speaker to be on as well but need to be hooked up to an external amp but was thinking my old receiver would help out . Because i hooked up  2 Krk powered speakers to heights output works great but would like the klipsch speakers that i mounted on the wall for height .Guess have to buy a  2 channel amp

·
Registered
6,814 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehomac  /t/1523294/can-i-use-my-denon-avr-1...nal-amp-for-my-pre-amp-out-puts#post_24503402

What  2 channel amplifier do you suggest works for Height or wide speakers !!!

I would go with something like an Emotiva Mini, it puts out 50 true watts per channel and doesn't take up a lot of space.

http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/amplifiers/products/a100

1 - 6 of 6 Posts