AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started working on a front projection system and of course I need audio. I was wondering if you all think that my klipsch promedias will do the job well? My room is about 13 x 13. I just have the promedia 4.1... so I was thinking about picking up either the new 5.1 ultra's with the Decoder and all that jazz or getting the Logitech 5.1 z630. Both have connections for optical inputs and stuff.....

I really want it to sound good, but I just don't want to spend a lot of cash at the moment until I get a house - then I'll buy some B&W goodness ;-)

I'm sorry if I have left out any information. I'll be watching the thread so let me know if I need to clarify anything!

any advice or suggestions?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know it will work......... i'm just wondering if anyone else has done it and enjoys it? I'm wondering how things will "mesh"

Would you all reccommend a home theater in a box instead I have a very old sony reciver and a set of bose towers perhaps i'll use those.... the only downside.... i don't have a remote to the sony reciever (although it used to have one - where it went - i dunno).

any ideas what i should do?

thanks

·
Registered
796 Posts
optikill, take a second and go to Klipsch.com. In their forum section I believe they have a subheading for the promedias. Use the search and there are a number of references to HT use. If my memory is incorrect for a promedia specific section, search under the HT section.

Good hunting.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have the Logitech Z-680's and set them up down in my parents 2nd home, they do sound pretty sweet, the sub is a little weak for a HT system, but over all it sounds better than there $1300 Bose system @ home.

·
Registered
882 Posts
beware: Klipsch had a problem with the Promedia 5.1 system.

They replaced mine FIVE times.

First denial, then admission, then fix that did not work, finally a real fix.

They were pleasant to deal with each time and I'm glad I bought mine direct. I doubt BestBuy or CC would have replaced them as much.

·
Registered
882 Posts
they would start to sound like an echo or reverb.

Then they would die totally with a screeching.

The amp inside the sub was the issue each time.

They told me the first fix caused more trouble.

Supposedly they are fixed now but I will still hear random noises (swishing sound) generated by the speakers.

HTH.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.