AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by why2not /forum/post/0

I'm sure you can get some sort of converter. However, the issues you might run into are text display and static image burn in.

yes, im aware of burn in. i mainly want to for pc gaming, ect. i wouldnt use it for long periods of time.

·
Registered
673 Posts
One piece of advice: don't buy a "VGA to component" cable. These cables are not compatible with computer monitor ports or Y/Cr/Cb video. They are meant to connect HDTV satellite/cable receivers to the RGB inputs (VGA connectors) on your HDTV.

·
Registered
673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny7481 /forum/post/0

can i buy a video card with a DVI output and hook it up DVI to HDMI? wil that work? thanks.

This *may* not work, because the HDMI port on your EDTV may only accept regular "tv-type" resolutions and refresh rates. There are also HDCP issues to think about.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have a Panny 42PD25. I has a PC input on the front. On page 19 of the manual it says it uses a D-sub 15 P connector. I have no idea what this is and have never tried hooking up my notebook to the TV. my old Dell Inspiron has a "video connector" and an S-video port. The manual says the s-video is for connection to TV and the video is for an external monitor.

Anyone know what kind of cable for hooking the video connector to the D-sub 15 P port on the TV?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasmacat /forum/post/0

my old Dell Inspiron has a "video connector" and an S-video port. The manual says the s-video is for connection to TV and the video is for an external monitor.

you dont want to hook it up s-video, it will look like crap!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripe /forum/post/0

One piece of advice: don't buy a "VGA to component" cable. These cables are not compatible with computer monitor ports or Y/Cr/Cb video. They are meant to connect HDTV satellite/cable receivers to the RGB inputs (VGA connectors) on your HDTV.

they do make a vga - component converter box, but its over 100 dollars.

·
Registered
114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cholerabob /forum/post/0

I have my 7UY connected DVI (PC 8800 GTX vid card) to VGA and it works fine. Like said before tho, be careful with static images.

yup, me too. its pretty much been my main monitor for well over 1 year now. mainly for web, movies, and xbox. the industrial model already has the pc input. again use at your own risk...results may vary!

recently took it off the wall and onto a stand that doesnt fit. now more likely to topple over than get burn in.

oh yea, without a good vid card, the text will look like **** as mine does with a dell onboard vid card.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.