AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
8,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a few days, I have a third subwoofer coming in and I'll need to split the main right feed leg into two legs to feed the two subs on the right side of the room. The legs will need to be extended by about 2m over the subwoofer on the Left side of the room.

I currently have in ye old wire box, a bunch of 2m length interconnects and want to know if I can use them or do I have to use specifically purposed for, shielded, coaxial, subwoofer cables?

After decades of enjoying this hobby I have a typical, for aficionados, box that's filled with interconnects and wires of various kinds. This is the particularly nice one, which was sitting in the unused wire box that I'd like to use.

I also have a bunch of 2m, PBJ, Kimber Kables that I can use. They're Teflon coated to protect/reject any RFI. Where the subs are going, the only RFI/EMI they should run into will be the spurious kind running around the atmosphere.

It don't get any better then no charge cause you already spent the dough.

Does anybody see any problems with my repurposing this cable?

-

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Give it a shot. Worst case scenario you'll pick up interference from nearby electrical lines and/or motors. If so, get shielded cables. If not, you're good to go and it cost you nothing.

·
Banned
8,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I hate sounding stupid in simple cases of this kind. But I also hate unnecessarily spending money when what I have in the cable box will do just fine.

The new addition is scheduled for a Friday delivery and I want to make sure I can hook it right up and begin the integration process of the third subwoofer into the system.

Just for giggles, I gave Kimber Kable a call, spoke to Nathan and he said, no problem

-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts