AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a PS3, could I still use the Logitech wireless PS3 keyboard for my htpc? I really like the range and the touchpad of this unit. If not any better ideas for a htpc setup? Trying to stay under $50

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
They work well with my XP HTPCs, just have to get a dongle that is compatible with it. Not all BT dongles work, My netbook BT would not see the PS3 BT keyboard and neither did an older USB BT dongle. Most newer USB BT dongles seem to work.

They made two versions, a silver (discontinued) with is a 2.8 USB dongle reciever and the new black one which is USB BT. If you are getting the older silver one make sure it comes with the 2.8 USB reciever unit else you are going to have a hard time finding one that will work with it. I have both the silver and the black media boards for my various HTPCs.

·
Registered
118 Posts
i used a rocketfish dongle i got from ebay that worked in vista but not windows 7 (although an earlier windows 7 version beta worked) but not the new RC version - maybe it will work when it is officially released in october

i did not want to wait though -

i just purchased the brando keyboard with multi-touch -it is being shipped from hong kong- if it is anything like the multi-touch on the iphone/ipon i will be psyched - that is real cool especiialy for scrolling around on a web page

1 - 6 of 6 Posts