AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm contemplating getting Comcast cable HDTV installed, but I have a connection question. My L300U already has the component input taken up by my PS2, and the DVI by a Bravo D1, and composite by the VCR (TV tuner). When I get the Motorolla HDTV box from comcast, can I runa VGA breakout cable to the projector, and will the picture display fine? What about if the programming is interlaced, will the projector deinterlace it through VGA, or with the picture be garbled until a progressive signal is fed? I don't want to hook it up through the component inputs on the projector because my PS2 resides there and I play a few 480P games on it pretty religiously (Socom II). Any info would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, how does HDTV look on the L300U compared to a DVI DVD image? I can only imagine, I have never explored the full capability of this projector, except for some JPG stills from the SD card input.

·
Registered
627 Posts
HDTV on your 300U will look great. It does on mine. Even though the 300U is not a high definition projector with a resolution of 540. It scales nicely with a 1080i signal. Even 720p signals look great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.