AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm adding a wall plate with a VGA cable and a stereo 2.5mm jack for my son's laptop. The VGA cable is going straight to my projector so he can use it in split scree mode (with HDMI from the receiver), and my projector also has audio in and speakers.

I am wondering if I can split EACH CHANNEL (L and R) in two so they would go both to the receiver and the projector. Typically only one would be used at a time, though I am sure he may forget to turn the volume of the projector down. And I want to leave the cables connected of course.This is all line level from the laptop, right? Should this just work?

If I can do that, is it possible to find RCA Y splitters? My other option is to buy this wall plate and buy a stereo to stereo Y cable (the kind you use to share an MP3 player) and then split each in two using a stereo to RCA cable. But can I do simpler?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
It should work fine.

The only way there would be a problem would be if one of the inputs had a relatively low impedance (less than 600 ohms).

That is not very likely. Most inputs have an impedance of 10K ohms or higher, which will not put much load on anything.

One problem that might come up is that the picture and audio might be out of sync due to a delay in the HDMI video.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts