AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a preface I suffer from chronic cough and Asthma and am trying out ways to deal with it.

I don't want to sound like I am trying to save lot of money but I figured out using an air purifier is a better option as opposed to using a air freshener but since air purifiers are pretty expensive I looked specifically for small portable room air purifiers and found a reasonably priced small compact model. I am planning to get the two nos of the smaller Clair BF2025 model and use one inside my room as well as inside my car.

Can someone look at the specs on the product listing page here http://www.go-clair.com and let me know if this air purifier can be powered by my car's power supply ? Is there any other DIY option for a car air purifier ?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Just took a quick look, page doesn't seem to specify but since this is for in home, I would think it uses 12volt AC.
Does your car have an adaptor(inverter)?

Also depending on car and year, most have a cabin air filter.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
If it plugs into the wall, simply buy a power invertor 12volt DC to 120 volt AC. It should easily plug into the car (Cigarette lighter port).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just went through the technical specification on the product page of the Clair website. All you need is a DC to AC Power Car Inverter with an output of 12 volts for powering the air purifier . Just plug the inverter into your car's 12 volt car lighter port.

Slightly off topic- I was also looking online for a good room air purifier and just came across your post. I am thinking of picking up the same one. Thanks for mentioning it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just took a quick look, page doesn't seem to specify but since this is for in home, I would think it uses 12volt AC.
Does your car have an adaptor(inverter)?

Also depending on car and year, most have a cabin air filter.
Yes I have a cabin air filter behind the glove box but I guess it just keeps the dust and pollen at bay but it isn't as effective as an air purifier because I notice it does nothing to keep my asthma at check. I don't have an inverter but I found a good one on amazon.

If it plugs into the wall, simply buy a power invertor 12volt DC to 120 volt AC. It should easily plug into the car (Cigarette lighter port).
Thanks. I just looked it up. I ordered an inverter from Amazon.

Just went through the technical specification on the product page of the Clair website. All you need is a DC to AC Power Car Inverter with an output of 12 volts for powering the air purifier . Just plug the inverter into your car's 12 volt car lighter port.

Slightly off topic- I was also looking online for a good room air purifier and just came across your post. I am thinking of picking up the same one. Thanks for mentioning it.
Thanks I wasn't very sure but now I figured it out like you guys mentioned here I need just an inverter. This air purifier consumes very little power so I guess I am good to go :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes I have a cabin air filter behind the glove box but I guess it just keeps the dust and pollen at bay but it isn't as effective as an air purifier because I notice it does nothing to keep my asthma at check. I don't have an inverter but I found a good one on amazon.

Thanks. I just looked it up. I ordered an inverter from Amazon.

Thanks I wasn't very sure but now I figured it out like you guys mentioned here I need just an inverter. This air purifier consumes very little power so I guess I am good to go :)
I just double checked the specs for that unit and the supplied AC-DC adapter converts to 12VDC. You should be able to just get a cig lighter adapter and a plug that fits the input jack on the purifier. Doesnt make sense to go from DC12V to AC120V back to DC12V. but check the label on the purifier first and see what the full DC input range of the actual device is as Car outlets usually see 14+ volts with the alternator running. Might also want to email them to confirm if the device can accept slightly higher voltages.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts