AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched, but since this is my first PDA (and I'm a HTPC learner, not a pro/geek level guy), I don't understand all the terms.

This is a Palm OS with 12 free megs of memory. I need to control the PC itself (to open and close the aps), HiPix, Theater Tek, a Lexicon DC2, a JVC VCR (not a big priority) and a future DSS STB (I still haven't decided upon Dish vs DTV...if only both had Discovery HD and HDNet)

I assume the program called IR Girder does some of this, but I need to be walked through this step by step. Is there a thread on this I missed?

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I'm sorry, but you've opted out on the best program, since NetRemote only works on PPC devices, not Palm. But you could try to go to one of the Palm websites or just searth Google for +ir +palm +remote. That might get you something. As for setting up a system with Girder, you need to have a IR receiver, but the problem might be the strength of the built in IR beam. I don't know the first thing about Palm, but on most PPC devices the range stops with three feet or so. In wich case it's a near control, not a remote control, and the purpose is lost. :cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.