Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Per the advise and wonderful help of Midiguy, the following is being done:

I am installing a KVM switch that will input my Momitsu V880 and Samsung T160 both into the Computer RGBHV input of my JVC G11 DILA

I want to use my pronto to control the KVM switch.

I will plug a Logitech base into the KVM switch.

How can I get my Pronto to control the KVM switch? If I am analyzing this correct, my pronto is an IR device and the Logitech is a RF device.

The hotkeys to memorize are scroll lock, scroll lock, up; scroll lock, scroll lock, down; scroll lock, scroll lock. S

I do not have a PC in my equipment closet. I got rid of the PC and am using the V880 for DVD play, thus an IR man is not the answer.

Is this possible?

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks - Jason

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess the easiet solution is to ditch my RF keyboard and get an IR keyboard. Correct?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The IR keyboards that I researched all required that you have them hooked up to a PC. I want to hook a IR base directly into my KVM switch and have it receive the pronto commands to switch between Pc1 and Pc2

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Ben. They are out of stock, so I'll check tomorrow and see when more will come in.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Another happy Airboard / Pronto user here. You didn't mention if you have tried to have the Pronto learn any keystrokes from your Logitech. If not try it - you might be suprised. I seem to recall Pronto supporting a wide variety of frequencies, but could easily be incorrect. But trying will only cost you a few minutes...

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll try, but the Logi is RF and my Pronto IR, so I dont think it will work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.