AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a NEC commercial display with the attached stereo speakers mounted to the side.

So I plan to run HDMI from my TX-NR808 to the display.

If I have 3.1 speakers attached directly to the TX-NR808, can I get center channel, two surrounds, and the woofer going from the amp, while simultaneously getting R/L out of HDMI ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie /forum/post/20812851

Unless you can connect the 2 TV speakers directly to the 808, then not likely no as an AVR requires at a minimum the FL/FR speakers to work correctly. Just run 3.1 until you can afford two real surround speakers.

Well ... it's not a cost issue, It's a cabling issue - I am trying to avoid running anything but the HDMI cable up to the front of the room...

So you can't tell an AVR to just send only L/R through the HDMI - it's all or nothing ?

·
Premium Member
93,361 Posts
I just checked your Owner's manual and it indicates that it's possible to send audio to both the TV speakers and the surround speakers at the same time using "TV Audio Out", so you can likely do what you suggest, however, you likely would not be able to use Audyssey as it requires at a minimum the FL/FR speakers.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie /forum/post/20813712

I just checked your Owner's manual and it indicates that it's possible to send audio to both the TV speakers and the surround speakers at the same time using "TV Audio Out", so you can likely do what you suggest, however, you likely would not be able to use Audyssey as it requires at a minimum the FL/FR speakers.

Thanks a lot - I will move forward with this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.