AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried using the MyHD patch cable to connect a camcorder to watch and record analog video to a file? I would like to be able to record to a .avi file using the MyHD 100 card. I can see the image with sound in the MyHD window, but after recording to the .avi file, the sound is missing.

The detail capture settings seem to promise audio input selection. Currently, I only see 'Wave' in the Analog audio input list, yet the MyHD's PDF doc shows 'Stereo Mix'.

My sound card is the M-Audio 24/96 card. But that shouldn't factor in as long as sound is present when playing from the camcorder. The trouble I'm having is recording with sound.

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
"My sound card is the M-Audio 24/96 card. But that shouldn't factor in as long as sound is present when playing from the camcorder. The trouble I'm having is recording with sound."

Actually the soundcard does factor in because that is where Video For Windows gets the sound (mixer) when recording an AVI.

If recording move the analog audio to the soundcard input.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! The stereo input jack on the M-Audio card and selecting 'M-Audio Delta AP 1/2' as the recording device in the Sound applet was the ticket.

I remain puzzled by the 'Analog' audio recording option in the MyHD 'Capture Mode Detail Options' dialog: the dialog always reopens with 'Digital' selected and anyway seems redundant to the sound card's own recording setting.

It's time to archive some family video tape to DVD!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.