AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was previously considering the Niles HD-LCR speakers which involve "sandwiching" the speakers in the drywall as one option for installation. Seems fairly straightforward.

However, it has been suggested that the stagefront speakers are better because they are enclosed. Not sure how much of a difference that will make but the IW2550 LC is only about $100 more than the HD-LCR. So, I am not going to break the bank.

My drywall is being completed. Is it too late to install stagefront speakers?

To be quite honest, I don't have a lot of experience installing speakers. I read the manual, but can't tell:

http://www.nilesaudio.com/images/PDF/IW_LCR_manual.pdf

Is it too late?

I am also not sure whether there is a big difference between enclosed and non-enclosed speakers. Am I ever even going to know the difference?

By the way, why is there no Niles owner's thread?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkshift
You can install them afterwards. Just make sure your wiring is in before the drywall goes up and is in the correct locations.
The wiring is in. But can you explain how the speaker would be mounted?

·
Registered
75 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrain /forum/post/20815808

The wiring is in. But can you explain how the speaker would be mounted?

With the locations already wired, mark the speaker location onto the drywall. It is unclear whether or not a template is included, but it should be.

Then cut the drywall to the correct size, 9 3/8" x 19 7/8". Make the speaker connections.

Insert enclosure into opening, level, and tighten the dog ears with a screwdriver (not a screwgun). Tighten until snug but do not over tighten. Note that these fit into a standard 2x4 wall, not narrower.

This tutorial should help.
http://www.polkaudio.com/downloads/DIYTutorial.pdf

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.