AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have experience with a OTA HD STB receiver and SageTV, I am having major trouble with the set-up of the OTA channels in my area so that when the HDTV channels are selected on the program guide for say, channel 4 in Dallas, I end up with 4-1 being transmitted to the SIR-TS160 DirecTV box I have. I enabled "major-minor" in the set-up and then, after setting up the program guide, I went into the change channel mapping....here is what I happened.....

To start with, the 7 OTA HDTV channels I wished to modify were all on the guide as NTSC channels (since I had selected them to begin with)

I went to 3 channels (in this case 4, 5, 8 ... in Dallas) I mapped them to 4-1, 5-1, and 8-1 accordingly. The result is that 8-1 is on the guide, albeit as the last channel (i.e. behind the last DirecTV channel I have which is 510....side question, is there a way to move this up?) But, the MAJOR problem is that not only did 4-1 and 5-1 not appear on the guide, but the original slots for 4 and 5 have vanished!!!

So, how do I get that program guide data for 4 and 5 reloaded without having to go back through set-up guide in its entirety and selecting/deselecting all the DirecTV channels I get or not get? And, what am I doing wrong or different that caused 8-1 to be fine and now present on the guide (in lieu of the former 8) and 4 and 5 to disappear with no replacement by 4-1 and 5-1

Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
dave,

I live in DFW and have a myHD card, but I really don't know what the heck I'm talking about...

But, maybe check for their actual channel. The 4.1 and 5.1 are "virtual" channels. I think they are actually broadcast on channel 35 and 41, or something like that.

On the myHD, you can enable virtual channel and it will remap it to 4 and 5.

Anyway, check TitanTV for our area and see if that gets you going in the right direction. Again, I don't have a STB, so I don't really know how it's set up or if this is the problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.